Thursday, January 14, 2010

This House is so Much Work!








Along with my kiddos, business and everyday life stuff we have this house, the house that was such a great deal! For those of you who have never bought a house that's a "great deal," you may not quite understand what that means. It means that yes you save a little (or even a lot) of money when you actually purchase the house, but you are going to be working on this house until the day you die or pawn it off on someone else!
In all seriousness, I have begun to love this house, but it has taken a lot of time and work, and some money to get here. I think the main reason I got sucked into it is that I could see a lot of potential, and if I didn't have the kids, business, and everything else that comes with the two, I might even enjoy all of the work that it is taking. Last year's projects included some painting, a lot of work in the kitchen (still not a new kitchen like I want, but money is a little tight and kitchens are a little expensive), and other small projects here and there. We have lots more planned for this year.

The first is a complete redo of my office/sewing space/get away from everyone else and try to get something done space. This is the smallest bedroom in our house, 135 square feet including the closet. It is also the room with the most junk, or crap, or materials, whichever word you would like to use to describe it. Which means that before I took almost everything out of it over the past few days it was so packed full of crap that you could hardly walk in :( But that is all about to change...or at least I hope it is!

The project is going to start with new dark laminate floors, a clean up on the paint, new shelves in the opened up closet and then cleaning it all up. Hopefully parting with stuff that is not needed and figuring out just what I do have. I have already found that I need to ban myself from Joanns, Hobby Lobbby and any other place that sells fabric, ribbon, trim, etc.
Above are some pics of the before, not only to embarass myself, but to make the finished product look that much better :) As you can see, I have painted (before the room was a very dirty cream color), added lots of storage in the form of shelves (which are staying) and have generally made an attempt to clean up and organize this room, but it hasn't worked out so well. Maybe I'm just creative, maybe I'm just messy, or maybe I just have too much crap. Whatever the reason, this is a new year and I'm tired of working (I'm sure many of you are wondering how!) in this room. We are tearing out carpet tonight and getting to work on this crazy space! New pics to come at completion!




















1 comment: